The FlashGrid Storage Fabric software enables open and flexible architecture for Oracle RAC that is equally efficient in both small and large clusters.
For information specific to public cloud deployments please refer to FlashGrid Cluster documentation for your preferred cloud.
FlashGrid Storage Fabric highlights
- Primary shared storage based on standard NVMe PCIe SSDs, SAS SSDs, or locally attached virtual disks
- Physical storage located inside the database nodes (converged nodes) or in separate storage nodes
- VMs or standard x86 servers used as database and storage nodes
- FlashGrid Storage Fabric software manages SSD devices and connectivity, integrates with Oracle ASM
- Oracle ASM manages data, volumes, mirroring, snapshots
- 2-way or 3-way mirroring of data across different nodes
- Ethernet (physical or virtual) for network connectivity
- FlashGrid Read-Local Technology minimizes network overhead by serving reads from locally attached disks