FlashGrid Cluster is an engineered cloud system that enables high availability and high-performance shared storage for running Oracle databases in public clouds.
Key components of FlashGrid Cluster on Azure:
- FlashGrid Storage Fabric software
- FlashGrid Cloud Area Network software
- Oracle Database (19c, 18c, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206)
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure (19c)
- Operating System: Oracle Linux 7 or 8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 or 8
- Azure VMs: Edsv5, Edsv4, Easv4, Esv3, Ddsv5, Ddsv4, Dasv4, Dsv3, Dsv2, Lsv2, M, Msv2, Mdsv2, FX
- Disks: Premium SSD or local NVMe SSD, depending on configuration
FlashGrid Cluster is delivered as an Azure Resource Manager template that automates configuration of multiple components required for a database cluster. FlashGrid Launcher is an online tool that simplifies the deployment process by guiding through the cluster configuration parameters and generating Azure Resource Manager templates.
Additional information about the FlashGrid Cluster architecture for Oracle RAC is available in the following white paper: “Mission-Critical Databases in the Cloud. Oracle RAC in Microsoft Azure Enabled by FlashGrid®.”