This document describes steps required for increasing disk sizes in an existing ASM disk group.
- Resize disks from AWS console
Increase all data (not quorum) disks belonging to the same diskgroup to the desired size. Make sure all disks in the same diskgroup have the same size (except quorum disks).
- Run the following on all database nodes as root user:
# for i in /sys/block/*/device/rescan; do echo 1 > $i; done
- Check new disk sizes using the following command:
# flashgrid-cluster drives
SizeGiB column must show increased size
- Connect to the ASM instance from any database node and run:
# su - grid $ sqlplus / as sysasm SQL> ALTER DISKGROUP <dg_name> RESIZE ALL;
The above command will resize all disks in the specified diskgroup based on their sizes returned by OS.
- Wait some time and check new sizes:
# flashgrid-dg show -G <dg_name>
Phys_GiB and ASM_GiB should have the same increased size.
If the old value was observed from the previous command, please re-run
flashgrid-dg show -G <dg_name>one more time.