This is an update to the technical alert published on 2021-07-14.
All customers are recommended to apply the software update.
FlashGrid software update must be applied to prevent incorrect handling of certain failure scenarios and possible database downtime.
Certain failure scenarios may result in cluster-wide database downtime.
- FlashGrid Cluster on AWS
- FlashGrid Cluster on Azure
- FlashGrid Cluster on GCP
Affected versions and configurations:
FlashGrid Cluster software version 21.06 or earlier.
To determine currently used version of the software, run
rpm -qa | grep flashgrid-skycluster
Note that versions will be listed as 21.6 instead of 21.06.
Certain failure scenarios not handled correctly.
FlashGrid Cluster software version 21.08 includes the following improvements:
- Removed initiator check dependency on flashgrid_aio service, which could trigger initiator disconnects when flashgrid_aio service is blocked.
- Logging mechanism in FlashGrid Storage Fabric services changed from synchronous to asynchronous mode, prevents service failures when a system disk becomes inaccessible.
- nvme io_timeout parameter changed from 30 seconds to 4bln (unlimited) on RHEL/OL 7, prevents system freezes during excessive (>30 sec) delays of I/O on AWS EC2 Nitro-generation systems (also included in version 21.06).
- Initiator noop timeout changed from 35 to 15 seconds on Azure-based clusters, improves failure handling by Oracle Clusterware under certain conditions (also included in version 21.06).
Update FlashGrid Cluster software using flashgrid_node_update package of version 21.08 or newer. See update instructions here.