Error creating a stack
CloudFormation Manager fails to create the stack.
In CloudFormation Manager select the failed stack and the Events tab for it. Find the first resource that failed to create and the reported reason for the failure. Find the corresponding problem/solution below. If the specific problem is not listed below then first check with your AWS administrator and if needed contact FlashGrid support. In some rare cases re-creating the stack (after deleting the failed stack) may solve the problem.
Error creating a VM instance
CloudFormation Manager fails to create a VM instance.
Depending on the exact error reported:
- Check that your AWS user account has permissions for creating VM instances.
- Check that your AWS account has subscription for the required FlashGrid AMI via AWS Marketplace.
- Check that your AWS account is not above the limit for the selected VM type in the selected region. If need, request limit increase.
- Check that the selected VM instance type is available in the requested region.
Error creating a VPC
CloudFormation Manager fails to create a VPC.
- Check that your AWS user account has sufficient permissions for creating a VPC.
- Check that your AWS account is not exceeding the limit for the number of VPCs. If need, request limit increase.
Error creating a network interface
CloudFormation Manager fails to create a network interface.
If creating the cluster in an existing VPC, check that the selected subnet matches the availability zone selected for the VM. Note that the list of availability zones in CloudFormation Manager is not always displayed in the alphabetical order.
Error creating an Elastic IP
CloudFormation Manager fails to create an Elastic IP.
Check that your AWS account is not exceeding the limit for the number of Elastic IPs. One Elastic IP is allocated per VM. If needed, request limit increase, or alternatively you can disable Public IP allocation in the Cloud Provisioning tool.