Oracle GI Release Update fails during installation
When running root.sh on second node, it fails with an error message similar to the one below.
2020/10/22 19:30:57 CLSRSC-117: (Bad argc for has:clsrsc-117) Died at /u01/app/19.3.0/grid/crs/install/crsinstall.pm line 2044.
FlashGrid Cluster for Azure/AWS/GCP
- flashgrid-clan RPM versions below 20.10
- Oracle GI Release Update for GI 19c, 18c, 12.2 starting with October 2020
- Do not install Oracle Release Update (October 2020 or newer) for GI before updating FlashGrid cluster software.
- Update FlashGrid Cluster software to the latest version before installing GI Release Update.
- Submit a support request to receive the download link and instructions for updating FlashGrid cluster software to the latest version
Note: Kernel update to the latest version is done automatically when running flashgrid_cluster_node_update (previously called skycluster_node_update) script. Do not skip the kernel update if the current version of the OS kernel is below 3.10.0-1127.8.2.el7.x86_64